Imagine a hypothetical situation: youve just launched the new app for your project. Congratulations! Now you need to take care of your app's visibility - that's not an easy task these days when over a thousand of new apps being submitted each day to AppStore or Google Play. It is not likely that organic traffic will help you rise in app store rankings enough to provide your app proper discovery, so you have to act and one of common industry practices to acquire users is to invest money in paid user acquisition.
It is easier than ever to launch an acquisition campaigns with so many network partners out there, but doing it effectively, not as much, and with the costs of user acquisition hitting all times highs, this lessons may come in pricey.
One of the steps you may take to optimize your user acquisition is network diversification. Do not rely heavily on one network. Test multiple network partners and channels in order to find the ones performing best and bringing your app quality traffic. In most cases to evaluate performance of your acquisition campaigns you have to wait to gather and analyze the data and that is all right, but that takes time. What if you could optimize your acquisitions actions and could minimize the risks of your user acquisition with real-time data?
Assuming you decided to launch multiple campaigns you could monitor their performance in real-time and be able at a very early stage to know how likely it is for each of launched campaigns to be successful. If some of campaigns are not promising you can shift your budget to better performing ones.
No matter if you are focused currently on growth of your user base or monetization, it is safe to say that if a completion rate of your in-game tutorial among users is relatively low and significant group of them is dropping during this stage, it might mean it is not the best traffic for your game.
With deep.bi you could monitor in real-time how your newly acquired users are managing their way through your tutorial in a few ways, e.g.:
If users from one source have 20% tutorial completion rate and from the other 80% it might be a right time to think about shifting your budget to the other campaigns.
Have access to data about revenue generated by each source in real-time. Track ARPU, cumulative revenue or conversion to paying users in real-time and be able to preliminarily evaluate your campaigns as soon as you get sample size big enough. Decide which campaigns to keep, which one are subject to look into or which one you should stop.
Revenue based KPIs are an important form of measurement of acquisition campaigns, but not the only one. With Deep Explorer you can monitor in real-time all in-game activities that will give you insights about your incoming traffic.
Monitor social shares made by users from different sources, e.g. unique sharing users, total number of social shares, average number of social shares per user, number of facebook or twitter shares and so on. All of this information could be accessible in real-time and would help you know current state social performance of your campaigns.
Monitor engagement of your users and their progression by source, e.g. number of s session, number of played games, level. The more advanced the players are the more likely they are engaged enough to retain and spend money, and even if they are not going to spend a lot of money active users still may be valuable, especially in multiplayer games where they will engage your paying users.
Combine all of it and prepare yourself a custom dashboard or dashboards for a real-time monitoring of your acquisition campaigns performance. Monitor all what is important for you to manage your marketing budget and campaigns accordingly. Stop, change, scale up or down your campaigns based on what your data is showing.
With real-time data you are able to have a current overview of your acquisition campaigns performance and based on early insights you might be able to save yourself some money or get more for what you are willing to pay. How much of this applies to your product or your current strategy is relative, you have to decide for yourself, but considering how competitive and crowded mobile gaming has become, user acquisition is an essential part of the whole process and worth the effort. Keep below ideas about supporting your user acquisition process with real-time data in mind, but do not limit yourself to them: